First Step Counseling Center
The First Step Counseling Center, a company duly organized and established in and under the laws of the State of Kuwait, whose the 1st counseling center credentialed by the International Board of Credentials and Continues Education Standards (IBCCES, CAC21552654). First Step Counseling Center believes that individuals with different ability levels deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential. They believe that all people can continuously learn and can make meaningful choices regarding their lives in spite of developmental disabilities. Their mission is to offer patients of all ages and their families innovative early intervention services and solutions that will lead them to growth and independence regardless of behavioral, speech or occupational challenges.
Conditions Center Assist With:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder
- Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (NVLD)
- Global Developmental Delay (GDD)
- Learning Disabilities.
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Speech and Language Delay
- Selective Mutism
- Social Anxiety
- Tics, and Tourette Syndrome
- A developmental assessment for children to assess various aspects of the child’s functioning, including areas such as cognition, communication, behavior, social interaction, motor and sensory abilities, and adaptive skills. Assessment of the family and the child’s environment also provides important contextual information.
- Behavior Therapy
- Speech-language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Help identify possible developmental problems and the need for further diagnostic evaluation.
- Provide an objective description of the child’s abilities and deficits (a functional assessment).
- Determine eligibility for programs (such as early intervention programs).
- Planning for appropriate interventions