The IBCCES Certified Autism Center tm (CAC) certification recognizes organizations that have a highly trained staff and are fully equipped to serve the fastest growing population of developmental disorders.
Every Certified Autism Center tm meets the following requirements:
- Dedicated to serving individuals with autism
- At least 80% of staff trained and certified in the field ofautism
- Is committed to ongoing training in autism
An onsite review by IBCCES experts includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve individuals on the spectrum, as well as sensory guides for activities.
The Advanced Certified Autism Center tm designation recognizes organizations that have completed the CAC program as well as the following additional steps:
- Leadership and high contact staff has minimum of 40 hours of autism training
- Annual onsite facilities audit by IBCCES professionals
- Has made substantial accommodations and updates to procedures and physical space to ensure accessibility
- Annual onsite review by IBCCES experts includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve individuals on the spectrum, as well as sensory guides for activities.
- Provides ongoing special services and modified activities for visitors with special needs
Why is it important to have an IBCCES trained and certified staff?
Children with autism have unique needs. Because it is described as a Spectrum disorder, no two children will be alike. Some children will function at a higher level than others or have different sensitivities to lights, sounds, etc. that may cause them to get upset or act out as a coping strategy.
Dietary restrictions, emotional frustrations or physical modifications may all play a role as well. A trained staff will be able to recognize these concerns or mannerisms and be educated as to what the possible cause or problem may be. With this, the trained staff is able to ensure a remedy can be offered and a caring, productive solution or activity can be put in place to calm the child and create a safe, happy environment for them.
A trained staff will provide and more seamless experience for the child and the entire family!
Individuals complete the IBCCES online training and certification program to receive the Autism Certificate, Certified Autism Specialist or Special Needs Certificate designation.
Certified Autism Specialist
A Level 1 Autism Credential for professionals with a Master’s Degree or 10+ years experience who have completed 14 continuing education hours and passed the Autism Competency Exam.
Special Needs Certificate
A professional who has demonstrated that they are both knowledgeable and capable of providing support and basic services to an individual with special needs as well as their family.
Certified Autism Travel Professional
Recognizes travel professionals dedicated to creating safe, sensory friendly certified travel options for individuals on the autism spectrum and other sensory disorders.